Wednesday, July 4, 2012


Happy Fourth of July everyone!

This week, I have been covering in the church office for the secretary who has been on vacation, so my crafting time has been limited. However, I did get to one of the projects I had on my list: using the empty frame, I created a little wedding vignette.


This project was really easy and cheap! The frame was probably from the dollar store, but was missing the glass. I scanned a copy of a wedding photo and cut it out in photoshop, then added text from Ephesians 5:21-33 in The Message paraphrase. I really love how it talks about husbands cherishing their wives, and wives supporting their husbands. The language is so romantic! Any romantic poetry or verse can be used, song lyrics or even an old love letter would work for this part. When I was happy I printed it.

For the matting, I took an awesome silvery printed Tiffany looking sheet of card stock and ModPodged it to the mat. I used a craft knife to cut it after I glued it so it was the perfect size. The rings were tied to a ribbon and draped across the top corner of the frame. The men's ring was one that I found when the former owners moved out of the house - they had left it in a jar of nails. The "diamond" ring was one I had since I was a kid, and I love the touch of sparkle it adds (though I wish my wedding ring diamond was that size, hehe!) and both rings echo the silver in the matting.

Lastly, I added the year we were married on a little placard at the bottom of the frame. I really love how it turned out! This month my husband and I will have been married 14 years (!) and I wanted to do something special to honor that.

I have moved over 11+ times in the 14 years we've been married, so a lot of my wedding stuff has been broken, lost, or destroyed, but I do want to try and make a wedding shadow box at some point. I think this is a wonderful project to preserve this memory though, even if much of our things haven't survived to make it into that shadow box.

If you have a project like this or try this one out, post a link in the comment below and show it off. I'd love to see what you come up with!

Happy 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment